School and College Prize Draw
This competition is now closed, but please continue to send us your ideas.
Thank you to everyone who entered – the prize winners will be notified shortly.
Click here to keep up to date with the latest news.
Submit your idea and you could win one of 10 Raspberry Pi computers!
Autistic students and their families, teachers and friends understand the daily needs and specific challenges of people with autism, so there is no one better placed to generate new ideas for autism-related technologies. The aim of the project is to gather and share these ideas with researchers and developers so that new developments in digital technologies for autism will be tailored to support the needs of users.
To encourage schools and colleges to take part in this unique citizen science project, every person from a UK school or college who submits an idea through our app will be entered into a prize draw to win one of 10 Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Starter Kits. The deadline for submissions is midnight on Friday 8th July 2016. Please see the Terms and Conditions below for further information about the prize draw. You can find out more about Raspberry Pi here.
How to take part
Ideas must be submitted through the app (available to download here). Through the app you can upload a one-minute video explaining your idea. Staff, students and their families are welcome to download the app and submit an idea at any time, although to be in with a chance of winning a Raspberry Pi, please make sure you submit by the 8th July deadline! Instructions on how to use the app can be found in the ‘HOW IT WORKS’ tab above and detailed information about the prize draw can be found in the Terms and Conditions below.
If you have any questions about the ASC me I.T. project, or how to use the app, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This represents an exciting opportunity for schools and colleges to get involved in a citizen science project, where the ideas of students will be seen and potentially implemented by researchers working in the field of digital technologies for autism.
Terms and Conditions
- The prize draw is open to any school or college within the UK.
- To be eligible, participants must be a student, staff member or parent of a student, at a school or college in the UK, and must submit at least one idea through the app.
- Schools and colleges outside the UK may still submit ideas through the app but these will not be eligible for the prize draw.
- Each participant may submit more than one idea, but each participant will only be eligible for one prize.
- There will be 10 prizes sent out in total.
- Each prize is a 1 x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Starter Kit comprising:
- Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Single Board Computer
- SD Card with operating systems
- Power Supply with Plug
- Clear Case
- 36 Page User Guide for the Raspberry Pi
- Prizes will be sent to the winner care of their school or college so please make sure this information is provided when the idea is submitted.
- To be eligible for a prize, entrants must include their email address when prompted in the app, and must also state their name, and the name of their school or college at the beginning of their recording. Entries received that do not contain this information will not be entered into the prize draw.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- By entering the competition each participant agrees to the project terms and conditions, summarised here.
- The parties responsible for organizing the competition cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries by an independent person, after the closing date of the competition.
- Winners will be notified through their school or college within two weeks of the closing date of the competition.
- To be a valid entry, the idea must have been submitted through the app by the advertised closing date and time, and must meet the eligibility criteria described above.
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity, but participation in any such activity is voluntary.
- The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The decision of the prize draw organisers is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The closing date for the competition is 12 midnight on Friday 8th July 2016.